Michaels is a renowned retailer known for the supply of quality arts and crafts. It is of paramount importance to understand Michaels return policy to ensure a smooth shopping experience. Here, we will give you some key pointers that will equip you with the best information needed for seamless returns.
Return Timeframe And Eligibility
Michaels return policy allows within a period of 60 days from the day of purchase to make a return.
To be eligible for returns, your item must be in their original condition and you must tender your purchase receipt.
Michaels Return Policy After 60 Days
You are only entitled to Michaels store credit that is worth the value of the item you purchased if you make a return after the standard 60 days period.
Exceptions and Special Cases
Even though Michaels return policy is customer friendly, they also have some certain exceptions peculiar to certain items;
1. Gift cards and Prepaid cards are not returnable or exchangeable.
2. All items purchased with a check have a ten day waiting period and they can only be refunded with store credit.
3. Circuit products can only be returned with a receipt and they must remain unopened. You can only get an exchange in this type of product.
4. Custom framing items can be reworked in the same store location where it was purchased within 14 days from the day you picked up your item.
5. You can get a refund for tutorial classes in store until the start of the class.
Michaels Clearance Return Policy
Clearance sales are considered final and are not returnable for refunds or exchange.
Michaels Return Procedures
Shoppers can return items using one of the following steps;
Michaels return policy In-store allows customers to return items they purchased in-store in any Michaels physical store.
The items however must be in their original condition with all the packaging and accessories intact.
If you are making returns for items you purchased in store, you will need to provide your purchase receipt or a valid ID.
There are several ways to make a return for items you purchased online.
Keep in mind that returned items must always be in their new and unused conditions with their original packaging intact.
Michaels return policy for online purchases allows customers to return items they purchased online in any Michaels physical store.
When returning items purchased online, you are required to bring your packing slip or order confirmation email along with you to the store.
Here is how to make a return for online purchases through mail;
1. Log into your online account.
2. Navigate to the ‘Order History’ Page and click on the Order.
3. Click on ‘View Details’ and then click on the ‘Return’ button.
4. Follow the next prompts to print a return label and packing slip.
5. Attach the label to your package.
6. Drop off your package at the nearest UPS store.
You can reach Michaels customer service through this number +1-800-642-4235 to also initiate a return.
The DoNotPay Return Method
You can alternatively choose to make returns using the DoNotPay method by;
1. Sign up for DoNotPay.
2. Click on the Item Return Request feature.
3. Provide them with detailed information about your purchase so that they can generate an airtight request.
Michaels Refund Policy
Upon processing and approving your return, this is after Michaels have received your item in their warehouse.
Michaels store will issue a full refund to the original payment method. In cases where the original payment method isn’t available, they may issue store credit instead.
Refunds may take a few working days to 2 weeks to reflect in your account depending on your bank or credit card provider.
Michaels Return Policy No Receipt
In situations like this, Michaels will engage in every attempt to ensure they trace your receipt. Usually, they will offer a receipt look-up for purchases made with credit or debit card.
If your receipt still can’t be found, Michaels will adopt the ‘Return without Receipt’ protocol. This will require a valid ID and you will receive a store credit for the lowest price of that item in the last 90 days.
What happens to Michaels Rewards when you return?
When making returns for products you had initially earned a reward for the purchase, those rewards would be deducted from your reward account.
Making the Return Process Smoother
Shoppers are advised to take these proactive steps in order to ensure a swift and easy return experience;
1. Keep Original Packaging and Receipts.
2. Review Product-Specific Policies.
3. Familiarize yourself with the Michaels return policy, especially the allowed time frame to make returns.