Chick-fil-A recently introduced a fried cauliflower sandwich in select markets, but it disappeared from their menus as quickly as it appeared. So, we’ve dissected the renowned Chick fil A Cauliflower Sandwich so you can recreate it in your kitchen.
The Chick Fil A cauliflower sandwich dish is completely vegetarian and simple to prepare at home, and it precisely captures the flavor of the iconic chicken sandwich!
This homemade Sandwich embodies all the elements you cherish from the original (the crispy coating, zesty pickles, and the irresistible Chick-Fil-A sauce) all expertly recreated for a delectable kitchen-made version. Let’s get cooking!
Needed Ingredients for Chick-Fil-A Cauliflower Sandwich
These sandwiches are elevated to true Chick-fil-a copycat excellence by a few crucial components. Some may appear strange, but trust me on this one.
1. Cauliflower: The main attraction! In this recipe, cauliflower serves as a terrific meat alternative, creating a robust and tasty base for the sandwich.
2. Pickle Juice: The secret marinating ingredient is pickle juice! Pickle juice not only gives the cauliflower a tangy flavor, but it also helps to tenderize it, making it moist and luscious.
3. Buttermilk: Buttermilk gives a creamy and tangy touch to the cauliflower marinade that complements the other flavors.
4. Egg: The egg aids in binding the breading to the cauliflower. This ensures that it remains crispy and perfectly covered while frying.
5. MSG and salt: These seasonings improve the overall flavor of the cauliflower by bringing out its natural characteristics and delivering a wonderful savory kick. MSG may be found among the spices in most grocery stores.
6. Breading: Flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, paprika, baking soda, and pepper are used to make our breading, which gives the Chick-fil-a knockoff its unique crispy texture and delectable flavor.
7. Peanut Oil: Because of its high smoke point, peanut oil is great for frying, resulting in a golden and crunchy coating for the cauliflower. And because Chick-fil-a uses it, we’re using it as well!
How To Prepare Fried Cauliflower Sandwiches
This delightful sandwich combines the crunchy sweetness of fried cauliflower with a variety of fresh vegetables and condiments, all packed between two buns.
Please read and carefully follow the instructions as we go through the procedures to make this delightful dish.
1. Cut Cauliflower
Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, leaving most of the stem intact to provide stability when slicing. Proceed to cut two large cauliflower heads into 1-inch wide steaks.
The central sections should remain relatively intact, while the ends may break apart.
By using two heads, you’ll ensure you have an adequate number of unbroken slabs for the sandwiches. You should aim for a total of 6 cauliflower slabs.
2. Marinate Cauliflower
In a spacious bowl, combine the marinade components, including pickle juice, buttermilk, egg, salt, and MSG.
The pickle juice not only contributes a pleasant tang but also serves as a natural tenderizer for the cauliflower, enhancing its juiciness and flavor.
Carefully place the cauliflower slabs into the marinade, ensuring even coverage for each piece.
Let the cauliflower soak in the marinade as you move on to the next steps, allowing the flavors to meld and enhance the dish.
3. Prep Breading and Oil
In a separate roomy bowl, combine the breading components, consisting of flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, MSG, and baking soda.
This breading mixture is responsible for achieving the signature crispy texture and delightful flavor of the cauliflower sandwich.
Now, get a large pan or shallow pot ready and heat the peanut oil until it reaches a temperature of 365°F (185°C).
It’s useful to have a candy thermometer on hand to ensure precise monitoring of the oil’s temperature.
4. Bread Cauliflower
Shake off extra buttermilk from each slab of cauliflower before adding it to the breading mixture. Do it in batches.
Press both sides firmly into the breading to ensure a thorough and generous coating.
After breading, place the cauliflower on a plate, where they can wait until you’re ready to begin frying.
Use metal tongs to carefully lower the breaded cauliflower into the hot peanut oil. Cook the cauliflower in batches, turning it over once to ensure that both sides are crisp and golden brown.
Typically, the entire frying process lasts 3 to 5 minutes. Keep an eye on the oil’s temperature to prevent it from being too hot or cold, which could affect the texture of the finished product.
Transfer the perfectly fried cauliflower to a baking rack covered in paper towels to absorb any remaining oil.
On hamburger buns, spread Chick-fil-A sauce, pickles, and crispy cauliflower slices. Enjoy the best of Chick-fil-A.
Enjoy the delicious fusion of flavors and textures that makes this vegetarian-friendly cauliflower sandwich a true copycat delight!
Chick Fil A Cauliflower Sandwich Recipe Tips
Here are some useful recipe tips you should know when making the Chick-fil-A Cauliflower Sandwich:
1. Make Ahead
Every phase of this dish can be prepared in advance, and the cauliflower can marinate for up to a day before cooking. Cauliflower is best eaten right away after it has been cooked and breaded.
2. Use a Thermometer
To produce a crispy and uniformly cooked product, maintaining the proper oil temperature is crucial. While frying, keep an eye on the oil’s temperature with a candy or deep-fry thermometer.
You can be creative with your toppings, while the traditional Chick-Fil-A sauce and pickles combo is delectable. To make the sandwich more to your liking, add lettuce, tomato, sliced onions, or your preferred condiments.
The Chick-fil-A Cauliflower Sandwich dish is an excellent choice for individuals who enjoy the famous flavors of Chick-fil-A but prefer a vegetarian option.
You can recreate the crispy, tangy, and completely wonderful sensation of this renowned fast-food staple right in your own kitchen with the appropriate ingredients and techniques.